Microlearning is not free, and picking one platform that works for you can be hard if you don’t do your homework. Here are some of the best platforms that are available for businesses and individuals.
EdApp is your one-stop solution to online learning, whether you are looking to train your employees or publish course content. Features like multiple device support, template library, mobile app integration, and built-in games make this platform an attractive choice for anyone.
The platform also allows for social learning and peer learning features such as assignments, group discussions, practical assessments, etc.
Usability features in the platform include AI Translation, quiz maker, spaced repetition, deep links, and offline mode, among other things.
- Impeccable customer support
- A seamless blend of microlearning, mobile learning, peer learning, and gamification
- Features like spaced repetition, rapid refresh, and group discussions can help the learners
EdApp offers four different pricing models with unique features as you go up a tier.
- Free (Free model): You don’t pay anything but also don’t get access to some of the important features. Biggest caveat – you need dedicated personnel to create the course content.
- Do-It-Yourself ($2.95/month): Includes API integration, Artificial Intelligence aided translation, SSO, and many other features
- Managed ($2.95-$5.95/month): Content produced by EdApp, additional account and onboarding support, comes with multiple plans
- Enterprise (Custom): Dedicated account manager and onboarding support, blended learning plan, scalable production support
- iSpring Learn
iSpring Learn as a platform lets you start developing microlearning content and track results with minimal hassle. You can use your existing videos, presentations, and slides to create content.
The biggest strength of this platform is the built-in authoring tool that lets you make responsive and engaging content with knowledge checks. And the smartphone app is also pretty intuitive.
- Clean and simple user interface
- Allows easy monitoring of quiz and simulation reports, content reports, and email notifications.
- Includes a powerful authoring tool for training
iSpring Learn offers two different pricing models, but the cost depends on how many users will have access.
We suggest going through the pricing page to get a clearer idea about it. But for 500 users, your pricing options are:
- Start ($2.29/user/month): mobile apps with offline support, management automation, 50 GB storage, iSpring Suite authoring toolkit, etc.
- Business ($3.14/user/month): iSpring Suite Max authoring toolkit with additional features, 360-degree performance appraisal, corporate portal, etc.
EduMe is a mobile learning platform that utilizes a social-media-esque format to give users a seamless learning experience. It’s easy, intuitive, and provides you with real-time data on the performance and productivity of your deskless workforce.
The integrated authoring tool allows you to quickly create training content in the form of microlearning courses, surveys, quizzes, videos, and more.
It promotes building a learning environment for your employees without getting in the way of their responsibilities.
- Message authoring tool
- Includes a free microlearning course library
- Allows monitoring of productivity and performance of the user groups
EduMe only offers a custom-tailored payment plan.
So, we won’t be able to give you an exact quotation. However, they do offer a free trial. So if you’re on the fence about the platform, feel free to give it a go.
Small businesses often rely on simple training materials to train their employees. With 7taps, you can get the power of digital training at your fingertips.
You can add images, videos, quizzes, and other engine content to create sequential course material intuitively in under 15 minutes.
Like most other platforms or microlearning software, the best features of this platform are hidden behind a paywall. But the free version of the platform is also an excellent choice for new users and startups.
- Has a well-rounded freemium model
- Password-protected course creation for the Pro model and above
- 7taps AI support
7taps offers three different subscription models, and regardless of the one you go with, the user number is unlimited.
- Free (Free model): The free version of 7taps supports 1 shared course, 3 video uploads, 1 AI-video quiz/day, 7taps AI access, and more.
- Pro ($99/month, $84/month for an annual subscription): The Pro version adds features like analytics and reporting, password-protected courses, and learning path along with increasing the number of video uploads, shared courses, etc.
- Enterprise (Custom): The Enterprise plan adds more to the mix, such as XAPI and course export, Integration with HR systems, and User Management controls.
The award-winning gamified learning approach of OttoLearn towards eLearning and knowledge retention makes them a top-tier platform for businesses and individuals. The smartphone app utilizes a clean and user-friendly UI.
The ability to analyze knowledge gaps in your employee through performance monitoring allows you to develop a content library that’s specifically designed to optimize training delivery.
It also includes various integrations like rapid authoring, multilingual support, and interactive analytics, among other things.
- Requires no enrollments
- Large, customizable content library
- User-friendly mobile app
- Ottolearn Provides a couple of different payment plans billed annually. The plans start at $250/month and offer a free demo for organizations looking to try it out.
Master-O is a productive platform that specializes in boosting sales and customer service. This platform works well for fields like healthcare, telecom, and banking industries.
You can use the interactive authoring tool in Master-O to repack your content into bite-sized online courses. The platform has an extensive library of sales training content to get you started immediately.
- Customizable sales training content
- Clean and transparent UI
- Video-based sales coaching
- Master-O gives you a custom pricing plan for the number of users, which means we can’t give you an exact quote. But you have the option to book a demo for free to try out their services before you commit to it.
Qstream is a simple and efficient platform. By gamifying the learning process, the platform can help employees learn new information.
You can use preexisting SCORM content or create your own path as you see fit.
The mobile app makes online courses fun to complete, and the push notifications let individuals access it the moment you create content.
Also, Qstream is integrated with other platforms like Frictionless, Slack, Microsoft, Webex, etc.
- Seamless UI makes it easy for even a beginner to use
- Detailed analytics for insights into a learner’s proficiency
- Integration with various useful platforms
- There’s an option to try out the platform for free. If you like its features, you need to schedule a call to get a custom pricing plan.
mLevel is a data-driven digital learning platform that’s used by some of the biggest companies in the world. As of March 2021, mLevel is a part of Axonify, which is a leading frontline employee training platform.
mLevel is used by enterprises to train the frontline workforce on the use of software and policies and reinforces leadership skills.
Gamified content in the platform delivers an interactive learning experience for the workforce.
- Short daily exercises
- A fully customizable content marketplace
- Employee rewards system based on learner’s score and performance on the platform
- Since mLevel was acquired by Axonify, you need to book a call with the platform to get a custom plan based on your users and goals.
Surge9 is a “mobile-first” platform. Now mobile first can mean a lot of things, but for Surge9, it means that the app is written directly on iOS and Android OS. As a result, it can utilize the full capabilities of a smartphone giving you fast and responsive UI and, most importantly, offline access.
Apart from that, Surge9 is also powered by AI technology giving you access to advanced analytics, gamification, easy content authoring, multiple languages compatibility, and more.
- Easy content authoring features to create your own path to learning
- AI-Powered microlearning
- Fast and responsive UI even when you’re offline
- Surge9 follows two different payment models. You can either get it on a per-user per year basis or per-user per month basis. But since it follows the SaaS model, you need to contact them to get an exact quote.
ShotClasses is a mobile-only platform, available for iOS and Android, that lets you create microlessons using SCORM, videos, PDFs, presentations, and more, quickly and with minimal hassle.
Some noteworthy features include building quizzes, monitoring feedback, gamification, and peer-to-peer learning.
- Dedicated cloud storage with 99% uptime
- Create learning materials quickly using different sources
- 24/7 email and mobile support
- Since this platform mostly deals with organizations and enterprises, there’s no specific pricing model available for it. You need to contact MindTree and create a custom plan that’s tailored to your specific situation.
While most of the microlearning software and solutions cater to a wide variety of employees, TalentCards focuses specifically on frontline or field workers. It’s a mobile platform and uses a flashcard approach to learning.
Creating content is easy and can be done in three simple steps.
Firstly, create a card set with your selected material.
Add users and send an invite link to download the app.
Then share your card set with your employees so that they can access it on their smartphones.
- Easy content creation tool
- Supports in-app branding and push notifications
- A well-rounded freemium model
TalentCards offers three different pricing models.
- Free (Free model up to 5 users): Multiple content support, spaced repetition, offline access, unlimited courses, etc.
- Standard ($50/month up to 50 users): Video upload and storage, custom feedback, Public API, and more built on top of all the features in the Free model.
- Premium ($75/month up to 50 users): Everything in the free and standard model in addition to Automated notifications, activity log, teams, and a Success Manager.